There are several reasons you may have been vulnerable
to the pastor’s seduction and abuse. Following are some of the most
common issues that make women (and men) more vulnerable:
1. Past or current sexual, physical, verbal or emotional
2. Low self-esteem (failure to see yourself as valuable
in the Lord’s sight).
3. Marital problems.
4. Trauma, sickness or death in the family.
5. Personal health problems.
7. Financial problems.
8. Excessive stress.
9. Attending church alone. (Sometimes
women attend church alone because their husbands won’t attend or are
10. Cultural diversity.
This list is certainly not exhaustive, but it does cover most of the major
areas that attribute to vulnerability, especially in women. It may be helpful
for you to understand some of the Consequences
of Abuse as well.